Monday, January 15, 2007

Getting to know you... (Intro)

Hey, this is the place to introduce yourselves!

Most of you know me (I don't LEAD the study, I CO-ORDINATE it!) :-)
I'm Julie and I currently live in WV. I'm a busy mom who doesn't work outside the home but I hesitate to say I'm a stay-at-home mom because I am constantly on the run, but I am first and foremost, a wife and mother! I was saved when I was 12 years old. I have a wonderful husband, Anthony and soon-to-be four beautiful children: Ethan 7, Lauren 6, Cayden 4 and Babygirl due May. I homeschool my kids, I love to read books that draw me closer to the Lord and currently 'co-ordinate' a book club. I attend a small but faithful assembly (chapel) here. I am involved in Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) as a leader twice a week. I play piano, read, study and love to have friends over for coffee and pizza. We have a full and vibrant life because of God's abundant grace!

I plan to study in the mornings between 6:30-8:00 and then evenings from 9-11pm. That's all! Next!!!
Jules

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!
My name is Estera Balarie. I'm a 2nd yr at UC Berkeley studying Public Health. (Just came out of my first day back from Organic Chemistry lecture...not sure how i'm going to stay awake!)
I know the Oh family from our little assembly in Sacramento and am really excited about this study. I've done a few now and realize more and more the importance of not only reading the word, but studying it.
I'm looking forward to all God has to teach me this semester.
I enjoy baking, shoe shopping, and just spending time with brothers and sisters in Christ. (hahah...other than that, my life is all school right now..which is both good and bad)
I plan to do this study in the evenings...or maybe in between breaks from class.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
My name is Arthur Kwun. I currently attend, learn, and serve at Eastbay Baptist Church of Berkeley. I have been involved with EBCB since my freshman year of college, which was, by His grace, the year the Lord saved me.

I graduated from UC Berkeley in May 2006 with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. The following summer I began full-time work as a Mechanical Design Engineer at KLA-Tencor in Milpitas (Silicon Valley).

I was introduced into this study group through my girlfriend Sara Oh. :) Thank you all for receiving me so kindly and openly.

I eagerly look forward to how God will grow us as He develops our minds into the likeness of His Son and our Lord Jesus Christ!

-Arthur

Anonymous said...

Arthur!!!!
So glad to have you!!! Our first contact, even if it's virtual! Looking forward to getting to know you better through this study!
Jules

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Anthony, Julie's beloved :) husband and father of my rascals, Ethan, Lauren, Cayden and the coming fourth one. I'm familiar with most of you through the previous bible studies and also by often hearing from Julie. I was saved by the grace of our Lord Jesus 9 years ago. I am a physician treating elderly (some times not that old) people with dementia and also teaching medical students. After moving around many places in the States, we are currently living in a little college town in WV where football is always in the air (watch the movie "We are Marshall" if you want to know what I mean). The Lord has blessed me and my family abundantly through many different ways. We have been blessed by the joyful fellowship of our bible studies. I'm excited about this particular study as it was God's answer to my prayer. I may have a chance to share more about my excitement later on and I pray that all, who are joining the study may be richly blessed by learning and obtaining the godly treasure in the mind of Christ.

Anthony